Saturday, September 23, 2006

Top Model Cycle 7

Hate to say it kids, but the ANTM Cycle 7 premiere was pretty uneventful.

I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I’ve recently aged, the show’s new CW limey green sold-their-soul-to-Herbal Essences tutelage, the writer’s strike, or the fact that the show has seriously become the most disgustingly blatant “HEY, LOOK AT TYRA!!! LOOK AT TYRA!!! TYYYYYYYYYRA!!!” show, but metaphorically, there was no soggy $100 dollar bill to speak of.

Seriously, what the fuck was that "where's my wind" thing? Ugggh!!!!

I’m not exactly thrilled and there’s really not much to say as yet, but here’s how I’m going to roll...

The twins are the hotness. Not sure why, but there’s definitely something interesting about them.

I like Michelle. She’s clearly the “edgy” twin. How do I know this? Well, she’s the one who wore the shirt with the skull in her promo shot. Amanda is the “homely”one because she wore the dark blue polka dots with the pearls. No, Top Model, you’re not going to use this “let’s pit the twins against each other and then call one twin way before the other one, letting them eat their heart out” as a gimmick at all! But hey, their pictures rocked...


Brooke is fun. She’s definitely got spunk and of course, bares a striking resemblance to what the love child of Elizabeth Perkins and Evan Rachel Wood would look like. And since we at Pop Whore love all things Evan Rachel Wood, we must love Brooke, if only by default.


Seriously...


I think the whole Megan “my mom died on me in a plane crash” thing was totally sad and I definitely can’t hate on that sort of tragedy. In her defense, Megan channeled some hardcore Kathleen Robertson tinged with a touch of Charlize Theron in her shot.

Lastly, every time I saw Meg, the “Blossom” theme song started up in my head and thought how awesome it would be if Six was on the show too.


So Meg, “Don’t fight the feeling. You know you want to have a good time. And in my opinionation, the sun is gonna surely shine.”

Here's to hoping for a good cycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home