Friday, December 23, 2005

Oh, Cruel Fate

I just finished watching the third and final disc of “Wonderfalls” tonight. Can you say “SO not a happy camper right now?”

It’s bad enough that I can barely bring myself to watch “Dead Like Me” these days because of fear that I’ll get so severely depressed that I’d lapse into a state of catatonia, but having to relieve yet another brilliant Bryan Fuller show meet an untimely end at the slimy hands of stupid Hollywood suits on a Friday night hurts a whole lot. Even more so, how truly (and incorrectly) ironic considering that both shows were more or less based entirely on the concept of fate.

These two brilliant and understated shows have brought your dear editors more joy and in-jokes than you can ever imagine. If you spastically articulate “fuck the fucking blueberry muffins” with a British accent, deadpan “I destroy you,” or so much as utter the name Frank Fingerman, it’s all over.

Why, just the other day, Nick and I were IMing over who’s hotter..

Tyron Leitso or his bizarro twin Matthew Fox...and vice versa.













And by IMing who’s hotter, I mean me basically having a one sided discussion with myself, wherein Nick politely responds by writing back short answers like “ok” and “I see.” To be honest, I was sort of waiting for him to ask me how I was coming along with the prospectus...but oh well.

If you’ve never seen either show, step away from the computer and go buy all the DVD box sets. Come back to us when you’re ready to talk.













Oh yeah...and in case you’re actually interested, it was a pretty tight race. Ultimately, I decided that I’d take Tyron Leitso over Matthew Fox strictly because I’m not that into tattoos or “Lost” for that matter. However, Matthew Fox circa the early Party of Five days (long haired mullet coiffe and all) totally wins.

1 Comments:

At 12/24/2005 8:10 AM, Blogger Nick said...

What side of the world are you on? We're always excited to spread the Pop Whore love throughout the globe.

P.S. Eti, thanks for clarifying the specifics of the "who's hotter" discussion. Sorry I didn't stop to ask about the prospectus, but you know, I can only go so long without steering the conversation back to ERW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home