Thursday, December 22, 2005

PURRfect

A few days ago I was at my place of business doing some "research" and "working" really hard by reading one of my favorite music blogs. Thanks to the modern marvel that is the Internet, I came across a great band by the name of Cruiserweight. A few of their songs later, they're all I've been listening to since.

Give “Goodbye Daily Sadness” a try and then tell me you're not hooked.

The second the song started, I realized that Cruiserweight's sound is extremely reminiscent of another great ska-punk band, Dance Hall Crashers.

Of course, the only natural progression of rocking out to Cruiserweight was that I ended up seriously jonesing to listen to Dance Hall Crasher’s Purr album, which resulted in my singing "Everything To Lose" for the next two days in my head, while walking down the halls and crossing the street.

Purr is a great record that I picked up about five years ago at Second Spin and have been hopelessly addicted to ever since. Suffice to say that the album cover alone is totally awesome.


Tonight is the first chance I’ve had to finally sit down and get my fix. Being the sweet bitch that I am, just thought I'd share. So heed thee my little minions!

If anyone has the inclination, I highly recommend giving it a try. Every song fucking rocks, especially Beverly Kills, The Real You, Everything To Lose, Remember To Breathe, Nothing Left To Say and Cricket.

4 Comments:

At 12/22/2005 10:46 PM, Blogger Saratron said...

If you were forced to be a scientologist and could only listen to one song on repeat before L. Ron Hubbard inducted you into the 8th realm of Xion, what would it be- GO!

 
At 12/22/2005 10:51 PM, Blogger Eti said...

Oh, Sara! You know that the answer would TOTALLY depend on my thetan energy that day!

What would yours be? And also, are you Nick's cousin?

 
At 12/23/2005 7:12 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Nope, she's not my cousin, except in the sense that all bloggers are kind of related, I suppose.

My song would be "MMMBop" because if I listened to it enough times (i.e., once) I'd go into a seizure and swallow my tongue and thereby avoid having to join the "church" and make smalltalk with Jenna Elfman at parties.

 
At 12/25/2005 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aunt Bonnie and I just watched an episode of Wonderfalls with the other member of the Pop Whore conglomerate. We really liked it!! Too bad so many good things get cancelled, while abominations like "Yes Dear" just go on and on and on....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home