Monday, June 13, 2005

Drunkaoke, Bulgariaoke, Etceteraoke...

If you’ve been a good little Pop Whore minion, then you’re well aware of the fact that our little Nick just turned twenty-seven. And with that, came the need to fulfill the promise I made to get drunk at his party. Since I gave up beer on my birthday last year, I had to arm myself with shots. Lots of shots. In fact, I ended up finishing about a half bottle of Baccardi Razz, which, as Rossanna pointed out, tastes a lot like cough syrup. I maintain that it’s more like Ludens cough drops with a kick. But, semantics.

We made our way to Zip Fusion in Little Tokyo, which is where we went last year, only back then, it was known to us as the little ghetto karaoke dive “Peppermint.” Apparently, Zip Fusion was too cool for us and all booked up. So we stumbled across the street to this other place called Yuu Yuu. Now, I don’t speak Japanese, but I think Yuu Yuu means, we don’t serve alcohol or have “Don’t Stop Believing.” Oooh, evil.

Luckily, I came prepared with my stash of Baccardi Razz. Good for me. Not good for every sober person in the room who had to live through my rendition of “Faith,” tushy shaking and all. Yeah, sorry about that you guys.

However, we made the best of it and duetted a bunch of shitty pop songs...including “Come Clean,” “Complicated,” “Accidentally In Love”...and some not so shitty ones, including “Vacation,” “Dress You Up,” “Daydream Believer” and “Come On Eileen.”

I even got to sing “All The Things She Said” with Rossanna, a real live Russian...who sang the chorus in Russian, no less. And despite the fact that in Russia, karaoke sings you, to Nick’s dismay, there was no girl-on-girl action in little Tokyo that night.

Notable duet of the evening had to go to Rossanna and Tiago for their kick ass rendition of “It’s My Life,” only to be shat upon by a lackluster version of prequel song, “Livin’ On A Prayer,” sung by Nick and I.

Next year, we go in search of Bulgarian karaoke...otherwise coined by Nick as Bulgariaoke.

1 Comments:

At 6/13/2005 4:55 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Eti is the cutest little drunk girl you ever saw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home