Thursday, January 12, 2006

Beyond Good and “Evil”

Some of you may remember how last year around this time, Interpol was everywhere. And like every band that was once everywhere, they sort of disappeared.


During a recent “winter cleaning” at work (read: I quit my job on Monday and thus must rid my work computer of all traces of anything personal), I came across Interpol’s “Evil;” a song that was on perpetual repeat on my iPod, computer and in my car for months around February last year. The video is pretty cool too. Nick is especially partial to “Slow Hands,” which is also great.

Interpol’s songs are strange and unconventional with lyrics that I’ve never really quite understood, but they work.

Check out the videos for both songs here and here.

And if you’re so inclined...check out their albums “Turn On The Bright Lights” and “Antics.”



Or if you’re my friend, ask me to give you a copy.

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger JUST ME said...

i dig your site.

humor + stupid celebrities = good times. ;)

 
At 1/12/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Huh. I never saw a picture of them before. It's interesting; it's like the city of Nome, Alaska held a celebrity lookalike contest and these were the second place winners for (left to right) Bill Lumberg, Ewan MacGregor, Crispin Glover, and Jeremy Sisto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home