Sunday, July 17, 2005

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!

In this wonderful age of multitasking, everyone has a hobby or ten. One of mine happens to be sharks. Growing up in Tel-Aviv, with the piss warm waters of the Mediterranean blocks from my apartment, I watched "Jaws" on video for the first time and fell in love. My mom, on the other hand, became deathly afraid of the water, which of course marked opening day of the underwater-mom-leg-grabbing Olympics.

It escalated from there. I pretty much read or watched anything and everything shark-related that I could get my hands on. I still do. And yes, I sat through "Jaws: The Revenge." Which, by the way, has an awesome banana boat scene that totally makes the movie worthwhile.
So grab some chum and set your TiVos kiddies because Shark Week starts today on the Discovery Channel.

Also, the best thing about sharks, is that if you love them, they will love you back.

2 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Eti said...

More proof that I control the universe? Hmmmmmmm.

http://contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/barton%20fascinated%20with%20sharks

 
At 7/18/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Nick said...

Some of your more aggressive sharks will drag you all the way into the kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home