Friday, September 23, 2005

Mission To (Hype) Mars

I have to say, I’m very proud of myself. The season premiere of the second (and imminently awesome) season of Veronica Mars is less than a week away and I’m surprisingly spoiler free. Well, relatively spoiler free.

Yes, I’m a notorious spoiler whore. It’s not so much that I can’t wait or am a control freak or anything (!). I just like knowing things and seeing how they play out in the actual episodes. I did the same thing for X-Files, but it was more so for the Mulder/Scully sexual tension than the actual plots or the ridiculous alien crap. (Dear Black Oil/Aliens, I love and believe in you. I know you’re out there. I was just kidding about the part where I called you crap. It was just an artistic liberty meant specifically for dramatic effect. Please don’t hurt me or implant anything in my neck or drill holes in my teeth like Duane Barry. Much love, E.).

At any rate, I managed to stay spoiler free for the season finale of Veronica Mars last year and was pleasantly (and creepily) surprised. Although, if you go back to the sweeps podcast, I sort of called the killer pre-show. Big ups! Nevertheless, I guess the real reason I’m so spoiler free right now is because there are no real spoilers to be had. Is Rob Thomas really that good? Are his people that loyal? Have my spoiler sites gotten complacent?

Regardless, if there’s any show that I will let off the hook for a lack of spoilers, it’s Veronica Mars. Yes, it’s just that good. Complaining about the lack of spoilers would be like complaining that you can’t see a picture of Sawyer from Lost, knowing full well that you’re like guaranteed to be having really hot sex with him on a beach Blue Lagoon-style in less than a week.

But I regress.

The point is, there are only two kinds of Veronica Mars episodes: the ones that are awesome and the ones that are really awesome. Those of you who’ve seen it know what I’m talking about. Those of you who have never seen it, the power of awesomeness compels you.

Of course, this also means longer podcasts because Nick and I will no doubt need extra time to wax poetic on the sheer brilliance that is Veronica Mars.

Kids, it doesn’t get any better than this. Seriously.

1 Comments:

At 9/24/2005 12:54 AM, Blogger Nick said...

Also, check out how the show is improving in terms of guest stars. Season 1: Paris Hilton. Season 2: Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon, um... quote-unquote Top Model Naima. Well, two out of three ain't bad. Of course, if they continue the Top Model guest star trend and the outcome of this season is as we hope... hmmm. "I was hoping it would be you," indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home